Media Wizard allows you to customize the software to your
The Options menu consists of the following commands:
- Always On Top - Causes Media Wizard to remain on top of other applications running in Windows.
- Enable FreeDB Access with CD Playback - Automatically connects to the FreeDB database when you play a CD.
- Enable Open Dialog Preview Support - Allows previewing, or playing, of the media file selected in the browse dialog box before opening the file.
- Loop Media Playback - Plays the current media file until the process is stopped.
- Save Window Positions - Opens Media Wizard in the same position in which it was last used.
- Send to System Tray on Minimize - Sends Media Wizard to the system tray, instead of the Taskbar, when minimized.
- Show File Extension on Main Window - Displays the extension of the current file, along with the base filename, on the main Window.
- Use Alternate Conversion Methods - Provides an alternate conversion method that changes the way that Media Wizard converts the file. Some systems do not support Media Wizard's advanced default conversion methods. If Media Wizard does not successfully perform a conversion on your system, selecting this option can provide a better solution. This option also supports FreeDB2.
- Skin File - Select the skin you wish to apply. Select the Default button to return to the original skin.
- Temporary Files Location - Selects the output folder that Media Wizard uses when writing temporary files to disk.
Associate Media Formats
Associating media files with the Associate Media Formats option enables Media Wizard to play and process the selected media file formats when launched throughout your system, such as double click, command line run, and so forth.
To associate file types with Media Wizard, select the checkbox beside the formats you wish to associate. If you have associated a media format with Media Wizard and do not want this association, remove the check mark from the format listing and click OK to apply the change. When you associate a file type, or file extension, with a program, double clicking or opening a file with that extension opens the file in the program to which the file is associated. For example, if you choose to associate MP3s with Media Wizard, when you double-click an .MP3 file, Media Wizard opens and plays the file.
You can associate the following file types:
- Active Streaming Format (ASF)
- CCUIT (G726, G721, G723)
- CD Audio/Video (CDA, DAT)
- Dialogic ADPCM (VOX)
- DirectShow Video (ENC, M1V)
- DSS Audio (DSS)
- MIDI Audio (MID, MIDI, RMI)
- MPEG Layer-3 Audio (MP3)
- MPEG Video (MPG, MPEG, MP2, MPV, M2V)
- MPPlus (MPC, MP+)
- OGG Vorbis (OGG)
- QuickTime Video (MOV)
- RAW (RAW, PCM, GSM, ADPCM)
- Video for Windows (AVI)
- Wave Audio (WAV)
- Windows Media (WMA, WMV)
- Misc. Sound Formats (AIF, AIFF, AU, SND, Etc.)
Two other options are available here.
- Enable 'Add to Media Wizard Playlist' Context Menu Command
- Load CD Tracks (CDA) into CD Track Converter
MRU List - Erases the list of the most recently used files. Media Wizard maintains a list of the last four files accessed so that you may reload them quickly. These are listed on the bottom of the File menu.